We encounter harmful toxins indoors and outdoors including industrial chemicals and pollutants everywhere. These pollutants are in our homes, at our jobs, where we shop, or anywhere else we may go. They are on the furniture we sit on, the carpets we walk on, the clothes we wear, the detergent or cleaners we use to wash our clothes and clean our home. Many are in the foods we eat daily. We ingest them through touch, breathing the air and through our skin, nose, mouth, and ears.
According to the WHO (World Health Organization), at least 25% of health problems are caused or linked to environmental factors. I personally believe that the health problems caused about our environment is much higher than what the statics show. Toxins in the air have been linked to health conditions and diseases such as allergies, asthma, diabetes, early puberty, cancer, reduced fertility, early puberty, premature birth, learning disabilities such as Autism and more.
There are changes you can make in your environment and personal life that can help to promote a healthier lifestyle and better overall health for you and your family.
- Switch from toxic chemical cleaners that contain harmful ingredients including fragrances that are harmful to your health and use eco-friendly, green cleaning products or make your own DIY cleaners. You can make your own cleaners or clean by using baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, lemons, vinegar that are some of the most effective cleaners. The best part is there is no health risks and will safe you money. Add some essential oils for an inviting fragrance: such as peppermint, orange oil, or rose oil.
- Change from chemical pesticides and use organic, environmentally friendly alternatives. No one wants bugs crawling around in their homes but make sure you make healthy choices and search online for organic, natural pest control that are safe for humans and animals. One way that I like to control insect is take peppermint essential oil and put a few drops of the oil in a sprayer filled with water and spray anywhere you find bugs. Most bugs hate the smell of peppermint. Another helpful tip is try growing your own peppermint plants indoors that helps clean the air while it is keeps the bugs at bay.
- Get a high quality air cleaner or purifier. A high-efficiency particulate air cleaner captures 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns from air passing through the filter. Air cleaners with hepa filter are recommended by many health care providers. Check to make sure you buy one that cleans chemicals, dust, mold, and do your research before purchasing to make sure you are getting the best quality for your buck.
- Take off your shoes at the door and have a comfy pair of shoes that you just wear inside at the door to slip. You be surprised at how much cleaner your house will stay and how much cleaner your air is.
- Check you kitchen for toxic products. Plastic container should not be using especially for heating food or storing foods. Use glass jars or storage containers that wouldn’t leak toxins into your food. Don’t use toxic cookware such as teflon coated pans or skillets that has been linked to many health problems. Ceramic cookware is touted as being very safe.
- Try growing your own food with an organic garden. Make your own compost from food scraps and pull weeds instead of using pesticides. Use natural ways of controlling bugs such as, Neem oil, or check on-line for many DIY recipes that are very effective.
- Learn to find time each day to be quiet. Noise is everywhere we go and surrounds us.Noise pollution is a reality that so many of us have to deal with each and every day. Make a daily effort to find quiet time and turn your TV off and any other electronic gadgets. Let your mind be quiet and try meditating even if it’s just for 10 or 15 minutes.
Its time to take control of your health. It is not always possible to control what happens outside of our home but we can control what happens inside our home. Make you home a health haven for a healthier, happier and longer life for you and your family.
My name is Marla Gates and my mission is to help your live a healthy and green lifestyle, live naturally, organically.and help make this world be safer place. Come join me in my venture and I promise you wouldn’t be disappointed in the many tips and ideas on my blog @ https://www.organic4greenlivings.com